Frequently asked questions
Here you will find answers to all the most frequently asked questions. For any further questions please contact the Hirslanden International Team.
- How can I contact Hirslanden?
- What documents do I need to send you?
- How can I send you large files?
- What is included in the quote?
- What kind of treatment does Hirslanden offer?
- Can visitors stay overnight in my room?
- I would like to visit the hospital before I give birth. Is that possible?
- Does Hirslanden treat patients with international health insurance?
- Do the medical specialists speak English?
- Can you organise an interpreter for me?
- Will I always be looked after by the same person from Hirslanden International?
- Can you help me organise accommodation?
- Can I also contact the doctor directly?
- Who can I contact outside of business hours and in cases of emergency?
Deposit, payment, invoicing
- What currency is used on the invoices?
- What payment options do you offer?
- By when do I need to pay the deposit?
- Why do I need to pay a deposit?
- Why do I need to fill out the credit card form?
- When will I receive the final invoice?
- I have received an additional invoice. What is it for?
- Are medical services subject to VAT?
What documents do I need to send you?
We kindly ask you to provide the following information (if available):
- Medical and diagnostic reports in English or German
- Diagnostic data
- Medical images such as ultrasound, CT or MRT files (DICOM files saved in a ZIP file)
- Laboratory results
- A description of your current symptoms
How can I send you large files?
Large image files can be sent using www.wetransfer.com. If you would like to send us data on a USB stick or DVD, please post them to the following address:
Hirslanden Private Hospital Group
Boulvard Lilienthal 2
Please note that we cannot process .rar files.
What is included in the quote?
If you are interested in receiving treatment at Hirslanden, we will happily send you a personalised quote. The quote is based on an initial assessment by one of our specialists, as well as our current data regarding the planned procedure. Any possible follow-up treatment or additional examinations that have not yet been planned cannot be taken into consideration.
Please note that each quote is individually calculated and is not a standardised flat fee. The price does not include private expenses for alcoholic beverages, telephone calls, interpreters, etc.
What kind of treatment does Hirslanden offer?
A comprehensive overview is available here.
Can visitors stay overnight in my room?
If you have a private room, it’s possible to arrange an additional bed for overnight visitors. Let us know if you are interested and we will check the availability of additional beds. If you have just given birth, we offer your partner the opportunity to stay overnight. However their meals are not included.
I would like to visit the hospital before I give birth. Is that possible?
Particularly when it comes to giving birth, we believe it is important that you have the opportunity to visit the delivery room and other rooms and to meet the midwives. We will gladly arrange a tour for you at your preferred hospital.
Does Hirslanden treat patients with international health insurance?
Yes. Hirslanden International’s services are designed for:
- Patients with international health insurance living abroad or in Switzerland
- Patients living abroad who are seeking treatment at their own expense
- Patients living abroad whose treatment costs will be covered by a company, organisation or embassy
Can you organise an interpreter for me?
We will gladly organise an interpreter for you if necessary. Our partners specialise in the accurate translation of medical information and intercultural nuances.
Will I always be looked after by the same person from Hirslanden International?
Hirslanden International is a specialised team within the Hirslanden Private Hospital Group that focuses exclusively on international patients. This team is your first port of call for all non-medical enquiries. Their extensive expertise enables them to quickly find the right people from within our network of doctors. Thanks to their knowledge and immediate access to medical specialists, even complex patient enquiries will receive qualified feedback within 48 hours.
After you have contacted us, a member of the Hirslanden International Team ((Verlinkung Team)) will get in touch with you. This person will generally remain your contact person until the treatment has been successfully completed.
Can you help me organise accommodation?
We will gladly help you organise accommodation for your family or friends during your stay at the hospital. Thanks to our partnership with Premium Europe, we can offer you reduced rates for a variety of hotels and apartments.
If you prefer, you can even make an online booking at Premium Europe yourself:
Login: Your private e-mail address
To contact Premium Europe directly, call +41 44 504 55 55 or write to email@example.com.
Can I also contact the doctor directly?
To ensure everything runs as smoothly as possible, your contact person at Hirslanden International will handle any enquiries you may have. Please get in touch with us. ((Verlinkung Kontaktformular))
Who can I contact outside of business hours and in cases of emergency?
In cases of emergency, please directly contact the nearest hospital: www.hirslanden.ch/emergency
Deposit, payment, invoicing
What payment options do you offer?
There are two ways to make a payment:
- Advance payment via bank transfer
- Advance payment via credit card (please use the credit card form)
By when do I need to pay the deposit?
If your appointment is approved we will send you our credit card form. Your credit card details are required for billing purposes and are used to secure your booking. You can pay with all major credit cards. If necessary, the amount can also be paid via bank transfer.
Payment of the costs listed in the quote must be paid before any consultations or treatment can take place.
Why do I need to pay a deposit?
To ensure the costs are covered in advance. After the treatment has been completed and the final invoice has been issued, you will receive a reimbursement if the actual costs were lower than the amount quoted.
With international health insurance
If your insurer is covering all the costs, we will send the final invoice directly to them. If your insurer is only covering some of the costs, we will send the entire invoice to you. You can then submit the final invoice to your insurance company for reimbursement.
The final invoice will indicate whether you will receive some of your deposit back, or whether you need to make an additional payment. Reimbursements are paid around a month after the invoice was issued. We will contact you if an additional payment is required.
I have received an additional invoice. What is it for?
The quote is based on an initial assessment by one of our specialists, as well as current data regarding the planned procedure. Any possible follow-up treatment or additional examinations that have not yet been planned cannot be taken into consideration. The quote does not include private expenses for alcoholic beverages, telephone calls, interpreters, etc.