The Hirslanden Private Hospital Group is specialised in the field of neurology and cares for patients from all over the world in its various clinics in Switzerland.
At our clinics, qualified specialists work together in interdisciplinary networks to provide the best possible comprehensive care.
If you are looking for treatment abroad because you were diagnosed with a neurological disease or would like a medical examination of specific symptoms, please contact the Hirslanden International Team.
At our hospitals, each patient is provided with individualized and holistic care tailored to meet their specific needs and can look forward to ongoing, long-term support.
In addition, all our doctors speak English. In case of language difficulties we will happily organize an interpreter for you.
Fields of Neurology
Fields of neurology
Neurology deals with the diagnostics and treatment of diseases of the brain, the spinal cord, the nerves, and the muscles.
A neurologist treats his patients with medication. If an operation is needed, the patient will be referred to a neurosurgeon.
Besides the classic fields of neurology, we are also specialised in neuroradiology, neurosurgery, and neuro-urology.
Learn more about our neurological fields of specialisation.
In medicine, the better the infrastructure the more precise the diagnosis and the more effective the treatment. Therefore, we are investing in medical devices and in training our qualified personnel regularly, both on a large scale.
Besides medical boards, in which doctors from different fields work together, our Hirslanden clinics provide a highly modern infrastructure. Our stroke-center, a Hybrid-OP, a Neuro Suite and a Brain Suite allow us to provide comprehensive care for our patients.
Discover more about our neurological infrastructure.
Diseases and treatments
Neurological diseases and treatments
Hirslanden Private Hospital Group specializes in all fields of neurology. This includes the treatment of common neurological disease patterns such as epilepsy, Parkinson’s disease, multiple sclerosis, dementia as well as dizziness and headache.
The latest medical technologies allow our specialists to recognize complex neurological diseases early and treat them precisely.
Discover all neurological disease patterns and treatments at a glance.
Five fascinating facts about our brain:
- The human brain keeps developing until the age of around 50
- When we’re awake, our brain creates enough electricity to illuminate a small light bulb
- The brain is made of 60% fat
- The smell of chocolate triggers brainwaves that have a calming effect
- Every time a memory is created, new connections are made in the brain
Five fascinating facts about migraines:
- In Switzerland, one in every five suffers from migraines (over one million people)
- Work absences caused by migraines cost around CHF 300 million per year
- There are at least four migraine genes
- Stress, alcohol, a varying sleep cycle and the female hormone cycle can trigger migraine attacks
- 60% of patients experience specific precursors to an attack, such as increased appetite, yawning or mood swings