Certified practice laboratory specialists are authorised to independently carry out laboratory tests in their practices. Tests are carried out on bodily fluids, excretions and tissue. These include examinations of blood, urine, synovial fluid, effusions, cerebrospinal fluid, semen, stools and cells. Laboratory medicine is divided into the following fields of investigation:
- Clinical chemistry: glucose, electrolytes and enzymes, drugs and medicines.
- Endocrinology: hormones.
- Haematology: fixed blood components (blood cells) and the coagulation function.
- Immunology: healthy and pathological defence mechanisms (autoimmune reactions) in the body.
- Serology: examinations of the liquid components of the blood (serum) such as blood group incompatibility and antibody detection.
- Microbiology: identification of bacteria, viruses and fungi. Parasitology: identification of parasites (worms, fleas, insects).
- Molecular biology, genetic analysis: genetic testing and DNA analysis.
Why choose Hirslanden
Certified practice laboratory is a key specialisation at Hirslanden, the largest private hospital group in Switzerland. Our certified practice laboratory specialists are renowned for their expertise and many years of experience.
You can expect comfortable rooms and a modern infrastructure as well as the highest standards in medicine and care.
We will help you throughout your entire stay, organising additional services such as translators and interpreters, transport, and overnight hotel stays for you and your relatives, and addressing all your administrative questions.
A personal contact from the Hirslanden International team will take care of your needs from the time that you first contact us to arrange an appointment through to the end of your treatment.
Contact us – we are happy to help you!