Phlebology is a comprehensive specialty for general practitioners, internists, surgeons and dermatologists. Phlebology involves detecting and treating venous disorders and diseases of the lymphatic vessels.
This includes blood clotting, coagulation disorders, anticoagulation and fibrinolysis (dissolving blood clots). It also involves counselling patients and carrying out preventive, diagnostic and treatment measures in the field of phlebology for the following diseases:
- thrombosis, disorders of and pathological changes to the veins and the lymph vessels of the lower limbs
- vascular diseases and skin diseases affecting the feet and lower limbs
- vascular examinations, with or without contrast agents (venography, MRI scans, sonography, etc.)
- varicose veins (sclerotherapy and outpatient vein removal)
- thromboses: prophylaxis by applying compression, bandages and socks
treatment of ulcers and chronic wounds
Why choose Hirslanden
Phlebology is a key specialisation at Hirslanden, the largest private hospital group in Switzerland. Our phlebology specialists are renowned for their expertise and many years of experience.
You can expect comfortable rooms and a modern infrastructure as well as the highest standards in medicine and care.
We will help you throughout your entire stay, organising additional services such as translators and interpreters, transport, and overnight hotel stays for you and your relatives, and addressing all your administrative questions.
A personal contact from the Hirslanden International team will take care of your needs from the time that you first contact us to arrange an appointment through to the end of your treatment.
Contact us – we are happy to help you!